Type 1 Diabetic
Nudes Curious? Personal The Broken Road I Wish I Could Say
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
Let me tell you this, I can’t be the perfect girlfriend for you but I’ll try my best to be the best girlfriend you’ll ever have. I may not be your first love; I’ll make sure I’ll be the last. I may not be your first kiss; I’ll try to do my best just so you can say that I’m the one who give you the…
When they don’t have the decency to be honest, run.
And don’t turn around. There is nothing left to feel
in the places you have already been.
You don’t have to make yourself smaller so you can fit in his world.
You are vast. You are strong. You are more than most can hold.
Be proud of that.
Carry yourself like a diamond,
like a volcano on the verge of erupting.
Carry yourself like something precious and strong,
beautiful and intimidating.
You belong to yourself."